LambdaGeneration Community Join our new Community Platform — Share Half-Life news and community content. Built by fans, for fans.
We Are The Lambda Generation. LambdaGeneration is a website dedicated to the video game Half-Life. ( We're basically really passionate about crowbars, headcrabs and anyone who has goatee with a PhD in theoretical physics… )

Steamcast Podcast Renamed Due to Trademark Problems

Community & Projects Steam

If you’ve been a follower of the Steamcast Podcast and have been wondering what happened to their website, Twitter and RSS feed, don’t worry they’re still around, just under a different name.

Due to a legal problem regarding the name ‘Steamcast’, the podcast has had to rename itself to ‘Steamchat Podcast’, which fortunately has also allowed them to keep their logo and acronym intact.

Steamcast Podcast Renamed Due to Trademark Problems

In a forum post by Flamov, the founder of the Steamcast podcast, he explained that the name was a registered trademark way before the creation of the original podcast in 2009 and as a result he took responsibility for the situation.

The company who holds the trademark are an unrelated multimedia server streaming platform who are currently using the name for their product website as well as the the old @Steamcast Twitter username, although so far they have not used the account for anything.

In addition to the name change, a few of the original Steamcast hosts also discussed the absence of episodes this year, which rather like our own situation earlier, came down to a combination of study priorities, time and a general lack of Valve game related news.

You can re-catch up with Steamchat on their new domain thesteamchat.com and as @steamchat on Twitter.

2 Comments

1. The sad thing is, all the links on their website still goes to the old domain.

2. Brad here. Just a quick word of reassurance. I have no doubt Steamcast will reemerge when there’s something that compels all of us to start recording again. That might be Half-Life 3 or it might be something else. Who knows. We’ll be sure to keep everyone appraised of any developments. In the meantime, I know I’m working on a few solo projects (one of which will be done in collaboration with Vic). Look out for those as well! 🙂

Leave a reply

Sign in via Steam to skip spam and contact fields.