This is of course especially useful for those with hearing impairments, but it’s also great for anyone who maybe new to the game or people who may simply want to digest Half-Life’s lengthy and detailed dialogue with greater clarity.
The mod came to our inbox after Rock, Paper, Shotgun today reported about an update that was just released for Half-Life Subtitles Mod this week.
- Fully integrated in-game subititles for every dialgoue/setence
- Improved fonts, text alignemnt and wrapping
- Different text colours for different factions (eg. Barney’s text is blue)
- Multi-language translations, including Turkish, Russian and Polish.
- Sound origin/distance detection
- Fixes for common issues in the current Steam version such as the rapid crowbar bug
It’s also worth noting that the team behind the mod made use of Combine Overwiki’s extensively detailed directory of Half-Life quotes.
The team is also in the process of supplying subtitles for Half-Life Opposing Force and Blue Shift too.
You can download Half-Life: Subtitles Mod on ModDB.
Around the International Community
Vossey.com – “Half-Life peut être doté de sous-titres”
Half-Life SubReddit – “Half-Life’s Subtitles mod makes it far friendlier for folks who can’t…”