Thanks to Xbox360Achievements.org, we now have a full list of Portal 2 achievements! A total of 50 achievements are featured in Portal 2, which is, naturally, quite a lot!
Let’s go ahead and talk about them, shall we? Last chance to anyone who doesn’t want parts of the game spoiled.
Our notes will be included after each achievement.
– Pit Boss: Show that pit who’s boss.
– Uh… alright.
– Preservation of Mass: Break the rules in Test Chamber 07
– This was almost another “yeah… alright”, before we noticed that the achievement’s picture features what seems to be the Companion Cube… with wings! Now that is pretty hardcore.
– Pturretdactyl: Use an Aerial Faith Plate to launch a turret
– What can I say? That’s pretty cool.
– Lunacy: That just happened
– hahaha what. The achievement’s picture is some sort of moon or asteroid, part of it obscured by darkness.
– Drop Box: Place a cube on a button without touching the cube
– That’s pretty easy.
– Overclocker: Complete Test Chamber 10 in 70 seconds
– No Hard Feelings: Save a turret from redemption
– The picture features a Portal stickman, holding a very small turret, his back turned towards a fairly large fire.
– Schrodinger’s Catch: Catch a blue-painted box before it touches the ground.
– Heh, that’s pretty funny. Wait – a box? Do they mean the same box we saw in the Sixense Motion Pack trailer?
– Ship Overboard: Discover the missing experiment
– As you can see from the fact that we threw italic and bold all over this particular achievement, it’s pretty important. Read it and you’ll figure out why. The picture shows a ship’s anchor, with a bit of cut off rope still tied to it. Anyone else feel extremely excited now?
– Final Transmission: Find the hidden signal in one of the Rat Man’s dens
– Yay! “Transmission Received” is back!
– Good Listener: Take GLaDOS’ escape advice
– The picture shows a mouse trap with a bit of tasty cheese on it. This and the title imply we’re inadvertently walking into a trap by following this “escape advice”. Note that Wheatley wanted to go, with Chell, to some sort of “sealed-off place they didn’t want nobody to find” on the other side of GLaDOS’s chamber.
– Scanned Alone: Stand in a defective turret detector
– The picture shows a stick man standing in front of a turret’s laser.
– The Part Where He Kills You: This is that part
– Oh, snap. Who could it be? And why does the title imply inevitability? This can’t be the end of Chell’s journey, can it?
– Bridge Over Troubling Water: Complete the first Hard Light Bridge test
– Come on, dammit. Next story achievement!
– SaBOTour: Make a break for it
– The picture shows a stickman running away, holding a Personality Core. Or Sphere. Whichever you prefer.
– Stalemate Associate: Press the button!
– The picture for this particular achievement shows a Personality Core with a crown on top of its shiny… well, body.
– Wake Up Call: Survive the manual override
– The picture shows a dusty old telephone, with a small cobweb on it. Could this be the opening “motel room” sequence?
– You Monster: Reunite with GLaDOS
– Undiscouraged: Complete the first Thermal Discouragement Beam test
– Also self-explanatory.
– White Out: Complete the first Conversion Gel test
– This appears to be the brand new gel type Erik Wolpaw hinted at in a GTTV interview. The title implies it’s white, and the picture implies it’s a gel you can throw on any surface, then put a Portal on it, thus bypassing the black-tiled surfaces that do not support Portals.
– Tunnel of Funnel: Master the Excursion Funnel
– Could be a “mandatory” achievement, oddly enough.
– Dual Pit Experiment: Do the same test twice
– Strange, but whatever.
– Tater Tote: Carry science forward
– The picture shows a potato. No, I’m not joking.
– Vertically Unchallenged: Master the Repulsion Gel
– Fairly self-explanatory. Could be a “mandatory” achievement, though we can’t really tell.
– Stranger Than Friction: Master the Propulsion Gel
– Same thing.
Next up come the Coop achievements. We’ll be skipping through most of these and only showing you the special ones.
– Party of Three: Find the hidden companion cube in co-op test chambers
– Portrait of a Lady: Find a hidden portrait
– Interesting! Could we encounter one of those “art galleries” in the coop campaign as well?
That’s all of the interesting co-op achievements.
For the others we didn’t talk about, for the Gamerscore counts, and for all the achievement pictures, head over here.